Dantri/DTiNews has transferred over VND161m (USD6,900) in readers’ donations to support a family with both parents struggling with cancer in Nam Dinh Province.
Deputy Editor-in-chief of Dantri Nguyen Xuan Toan transferred VND161,260,000 to Hoang Van Tu
Hoang Van Tu, born in 1969, married Le Thi Thuy Ngan and has two children together. Their eldest child was 15 years old and the youngest is 7. Tu was diagnosed with bladder cancer later. Ngan has reached the last stage of cancer after three operations, chemotherapy and radiotherapy from 2016 to 2020.
Both Tu and his wife called for community help for their children so that they can continue studying.
Ngan died of cancer on November 15.
Hoang Van Tu’s children
On November 22, Deputy Editor-in-chief of Dantri Nguyen Xuan Toan transferred VND161,260,000 to the family of Hoang Van Tu to help raise the children. He also offered his condolences and gave encouragement to Tu in his fight against cancer.
Tu thanked everyone that helped his family during a difficult time. Tu said he would deposit the money for his children.
“I’ll continue the treatment and be healthy so I can be a pillar for my children,” he said.
On the 100th anniversary of Le Hong Phong High School for the Gifted, the school’s former students called for help for Hoang Thi Duyen, Tu’s daughter. Many students visited Tu and his children on November 22 and donated tens of millions of VND to help Duyen to continue studying.
- DTiNews readers support father, daughter facing cancer
- Dantri readers support ill teacher with VND207m
- Ill parents call for help for small children
- Blind man gets help from readers to raise children
- Dantri readers donate to help terminally-ill nurse
- Readers donate to cerebral palsy children
- Ill husband receives help from readers
- Readers donate to help orphan girl
- Readers help student pursue education dream