WTO Deputy Director General Alan Wolff told G20 leaders it was critical to utilize trade to help underwrite the economy, facilitate trade in essential medical supplies, and reform the institutional framework for world trade.
Wolff said close cooperation among international financial institutions, the WTO and the large commercial banks would be needed to free up trillions of dollars in required financing.
G20 Finance ministers last week annouced a joint platform for the extended debt restructure plan for countries severely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- ASEAN facilitates trading of essential goods
- Minister Dinh Tien Dung attended the G20 Joint Session of Finance and Health Ministers
- APEC 2020: Leaders calls for open multilateral trade
- Solidarity and cooperation key for ASEAN to overcome pandemic and restore regional growth: Minister of Finance Dinh Tien Dung
- PEMNA: Vietnam needs to continuously reform its tax system to facilitate investment and growth
- IFC lends $140 million to VPBank and OCB to boost finance for local businesses
- Legal framework being improved to implement EVFTA
- IFC loans $140 million to VPBank and OCB to boost finance for local businesses
- Many banks have more credit room: Increasing financing space