The Saigon Times
HCMC - A 38-year-old man returning from Germany has tested positive for Covid-19, taking Vietnam’s Covid-19 tally to 1,306 as of this evening, November 21, the Ministry of Health reported.
The patient, residing in District 3, HCMC, came back to Vietnam on flight VN5036 on November 19 and was transported to a quarantine center in Quang Ninh Province after arriving at the Van Don International Airport.
The patient is currently under treatment at the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases.
Up to now, 1,142 Covid-19 patients in Vietnam have fully recovered. Among the active cases, 25 people have tested negative for Covid-19 one to three times, according to the national steering committee for Covid-19 infection prevention and control.
More than 15,000 people who came back from pandemic-hit countries or had close contact with Covid-19 patients are being quarantined at hospitals, quarantine centers or at home.
- Four new imported cases of Covid-19 reported
- Recovered Covid-19 patient retests positive before being confirmed negative
- Two new imported Covid-19 cases reported
- Germany returnee Vietnam’s latest Covid-19 patient
- HCMC seeks to reduce private vehicles, develop public transport
- Rescuers recover one more body from Tra Leng landslide
- Storm Etau strengthens, heading towards central Vietnam
- Most legislators reject proposal to assign Public Security Ministry to issue driving licenses
- Government weighs heavy fines on those wearing no mask in public