Do Thi Ha beat 34 other finalists to take the crown of Miss Viet Nam 2020 in the grand finale of the pageant held in the southern province of Ba Ria-Vung Tau on Friday.
Ha, 20, from the northern central province of Thanh Hoa is now a student at the Law Faculty of the National University of Economics in Hanoi.
Miss Vietnam 2020 Do Thi Ha
She is 1.72 metres tall and measures 80-60-90.
Ha at the Party Dress session
Pham Ngoc Phuong Anh, 22 and Nguyen Le Ngoc Thao, 20, both from HCM City are the first and second runner-up.
Anh is studying at RMIT University in HCM City, while Thao is a student from Ho Chi Minh City City University of Technology.
The first runner-up Pham Ngoc Phuong Anh (photo by tienphong)
The second runner-up Nguyen Le Ngoc Thao (photo by tienphong)
The winner received VND350 million (USD15,217) in cash and while the first and second runner-up took home VND250 million (USD10,869) and VND200 million (USD8,695) each respectively.
The top three of Miss Vietnam 2020
Apart from the three top prizes, the organisers also presented other sub-awards namely Miss Humanity, Miss Sea, Miss Talent, Miss Communications, Miss Tourism, Miss Sports, Miss Skin, Miss Smile and Miss Fashions with the bonus of VND50 million each.
Miss Vietnam started in 1988 and has been organised every two years. The contest has encouraged many young women to demonstrate their talent in careers, charity and social activities.
- Miss Vietnam contestants stun fans with swimsuit photoshoot
- Miss Vietnam 2020 contestants dazzle in swimsuit photoshoot
- Miss Vietnam 2020’s 159-gram golden crown unveiled
- New television reality show launched to promote domestic tourism
- Miss Vietnam 2020: Postpone due to COVID-19
- Da Nang students finish runner-up at int’l architecture competition
- Tien Phong Golf Championship 2020 to tee off in Hanoi
- Vietnamese students win Google’s technology challenge
- Miss Vietnam 2020’s outstanding contestants expected to shine