Illustrative photo.According to the ministry’s report, the 38-year-old man arrived at Van Don International Airport in Quang Ninh Province on November 19.
He was sent to a quarantine area in Thai Binh Province upon arrival and tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 the same day.
The patient is now being treated at the Hanoi-based Hospital for Tropical Diseases.
With this new infection case, the number of imported Covid-19 patients in Vietnam has increased to 614.
As of 6 pm on November 20, a total of 1,142 Covid-19 patients had recovered and been discharged from hospital. There have been 35 deaths, most of them being the elderly with serious underlying diseases.
The country has gone 78 days without reporting any new case in the community.
At present, over 16,535 people who had close contact with Covid-19 patients or returned from virus-hit areas are being monitored at hospitals, quarantine facilities, and at home.
- One more man tests positive for SARS-CoV-2 after returning from Russia
- Man tests positive for SARS-CoV-2 after returning from Russia
- Man tests positive for SARS-CoV-2 after returning from Angola
- Four more imported Covid-19 patients recorded on Thursday
- Two new imported Covid-19 patients confirmed on Friday evening, total rises to 1,212
- Two more imported Covid-19 patients confirmed on Monday
- Vietnam confirms 12 more imported Covid-19 patients, total reaches 1300
- Five more returnees from Russia test positive for SARS-CoV-2, total rises to 1,288
- Three more returnees from Angola test positive for SARS-CoV-2