A man in the central province of Quang Nam has been left in a serious condition after being mauled by a bear.
The incident occurred at around 9 am on Thursday when Ho Van Hoi, 44, from Tra Linh Commune in Nam Tra My District was on the way to visit his family’s ginseng garden on Ngoc Linh Mountain after recent storms. The bear suddenly rushed at him and scratched his neck, face and head.
The man faces serious injuries due to the bear attack
As a result, Hoi suffered from severe injuries, leaving him profuse bleeding. He was able to phone his relatives for help.
He was then moved to the local medical station for first aid before being taken to hospital for the treatment.
According to local residents, the wild bear had been seen in the Ngoc Linh Mountain area over recent days and had destroyed their crops.
- Bear in captivity for 15 years sent to rescue centre
- Phu Tho bears rescued
- Endangered bear freed from Hanoi farm after 18 years in captivity
- Moon bear, cub extracted from 18-year bile bondage
- Vietnam Bear Rescue Center provides help to nearly 200 bears
- Three artists awarded at buddy bear art competition
- Yellow season in Kon Tum Province
- COVID-19: 13 patients in critical condition
- 57 hospitalizations due to food poisoning reported in Quang Nam Province
- Ninh Binh rushes to evacuate villagers ahead of new landslide