He said an Israeli annexation would devastate any hopes for fresh negotiations and an eventual two-state solution.
Israel has announced its intention to begin annexing West Bank settlements and the Jordan Valley in July. Israel’s plan is backed by the US but faces strong opposition from the international community, particularly the Palestinians.
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas warned Wednesday that if Israel annexes the West Bank, it will become an occupying power. He said annexing any part of Palestine is a crime and Palestinian categorically rejects US President Donald Trump’s Middle East peace plan.
- Israel Prime Minister discusses West Bank annexation plan
- Israel, UAE to join forces to fight coronavirus
- European countries ‘deeply concerned’ over Israeli settlement construction
- Vietnam welcomes efforts to restart Middle East peace process
- Vietnam backs dialogue to resolve Israel-Palestine conflict
- Israel is Vietnam’s important partner in the Middle East