Ha Noi-Ho Chi Minh City air route ranked second among the world’s top 10 busiest routes, according to traveller.com.
The two cities are the country’s economic locomotives and domestic airlines are operating flights with 892,800 seats.
The coronavirus pandemic has hit the aviation industry like no crisis before, grounding thousands of planes and drying up travel as restrictions on movement deter people from flying.
International flights have felt the impact most acutely due to border controls and mandatory quarantine requirements; domestic routes are starting to recover as people are generally able to move more freely within their countries.
Asia is a standout, home to all 10 of the world's busiest domestic routes this month, OAG Aviation Worldwide Ltd announced.
According to Airports Council International, the annual World Airport Traffic Report 2018 listed Ha Noi and Ho Chi Minh City in the top 10 fastest growing airports between 2007 and 2017.
The report also predicts that Viet Nam will be the fastest growing country for passengers in the 2017-2040 time frame.
By: Thuy Dung/Online Newspaper of the Government - Viet Nam Government Portal
- Vietnam Airlines to reopen international air routes starting from July 1
- Vietnam Airlines launches three more domestic air routes
- Vietnam Airlines starts three new domestic routes
- Certain international air routes may reopen on September 15
- International air routes proposed to resume from September 15
- Vietnam Airlines to open five new domestic routes
- VNA opens four new domestic air routes linking with Can Tho
- Vietnam Airlines opens five additional domestic air routes
- Bamboo Airways opens three new domestic routes