The HCM City Department of Transport has proposed the construction of an overpass or an underpass to help ease traffic jams for Tan Son Nhat International Airport.
According to the department, Tan Son Nhat International Airport should consider building an overpass or underpass to connect the domestic terminal and the TCP parking area. This is aimed to reduce the congestion caused by people and vehicles at crossings at lanes A, B, C and D.
Tan Son Nhat International Airport
The department has also suggesting installing more escalators for passengers to move to parking areas more conveniently. At present, there are only two escalators.
Tan Son Nhat International Airport has adjusted the traffic to mitigate congestion, particularly at the domestic terminal area since November 14. Specific areas are regulated for different kinds of vehicles and pick-up and drop-off.
An open-air separate area is used for vehicles of more than 25 seats to pick up passengers.
Since the adjustment, the traffic at the airport has improved.
- Tan Son Nhat Airport road proposed to ease congestion
- Underpasses proposed to decongest Tan Son Nhat airport
- Tan Son Nhat Airport to perform traffic separation from November 14
- Does traffic regulation in Tan Son Nhat airport make traffic flow more stuck?
- Traffic regulation in airport displays inadequacy towards tech-based taxis
- New procedures pose inconvenience for drivers, passengers of ride-hailing apps at Saigon airport
- Domestic flight frequency adjusted to reduce congestion at airports
- New $200 mln roads proposed for Long Thanh Airport
- Vietnam’s 10-month FDI tumbles 20%