Addressing the 27th Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Summit which took place virtually and was hosted by Malaysia on Thursday, Chinese President Xi Jinping said globalization is an irreversible trend, saying that protectionism and unilateralization put more risks and uncertainty to the world economy.
Singaporean Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong expected more support from the World Trade Organization and APEC.
Malaysian Prime Minister Muhyidin Yassin said APEC economies must have a post-pandemic vision on the basis of trade liberalization and mulitateralization in economic recovery.
- PM to attend online APEC Summit this week
- APEC summit to be held online Dec. 4 due to COVID-19
- Vietnam supports multilateral trade at APEC meeting
- APEC trade ministers convene virtual meeting on COVID-19
- Vietnam attends 31st APEC Ministerial Meeting
- APEC members tighten cooperation to lead global economic recovery
- Joint Statement of APEC Finance Ministers on economic control and recovery by Covid-19
- Vietnam, Malaysia aim at 15 billion USD two-way trade
- Vietnamese and Malaysian PMs talk bilateral cooperation