In a recent interview in Jakarta, ASEAN Headquarters, the Ambassador acknowledged the efforts made by Vietnam to advance the women, peace and security (WPS) agenda across the ASEAN region and around the world. A summit of ASEAN female leaders was held for the first time this year.
Vietnam has led ASEAN’s COVID-19 response, exemplified by the adoption of the ASEAN Comprehensive Recovery Framework (ACRF), the Implementation Plan and the establishment of COVID-19 ASEAN Response Fund, and the ASEAN Regional Reserve of Medical Supplies (RRMS). According to the ambassador, the conclusion and signing of the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership agreement is the biggest achievement of ASEAN this year in face of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 37th ASEAN Summit: Strong commitment to building ASEAN Community
- 37th ASEAN Summit and Related Summits Wrap Up Successfully
- 36th ASEAN Summit: Solidarity steers ASEAN out of challenges
- Documents of 37th ASEAN Summit to facilitate cooperation, economic recovery
- 37th ASEAN Summit: Opportunity to shape new future
- 37th ASEAN Summit wraps up with record number of documents adopted
- Japan, South Korea pledge $57 mln for ASEAN Covid-19, disease response
- ASEAN Ambassadors to South Africa hail Vietnam’s preparation for ASEAN Summit
- ASEAN 37th Summit wraps up, marking Vietnam’s successful chairpersonship