Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc has decided to temporarily allocate VND80 billion (more than US$3 million) from the State budget reserve as relief aid to three Central localities heavily affected by devastating flooding.
Accordingly, Quang Nam and Thua Thien-Hue will be allocated with VND20 billion each while Quang Tri will receive VND40 billion.
The People's Committees of these provinces were required to manage the aid as well as other legal financial resources and deliver to the right beneficiaries.
The same day, the Prime Minister assigned the Ministry of Finance to supply 4,303 tons of rice from the national reserves as relief aid for three other central provinces, namely Ha Tinh (3,000 tons), Nghe An (303.4 tons) and Binh Dinh (1,000 tons) to assist flood-hit local residents.
Earlier, in late October, the Prime Minister had decided to allocate VND500 billion (more than US$23 million) from the State budget reserve as immediate relief aid to five Central localities heavily affected by flooding and heavy rains.
These five provinces are Quang Binh, Quang Tri, Thua Thien-Hue, Quang Nam and Ha Tinh. Each locality received VND100 billion.
In October only, central Viet Nam got struck by three floods, four storms and a series of landslides that claimed 159 lives and left 71 missing.
Nearly 124,570 houses were submerged in floodwaters in Ha Tinh and Quang Binh provinces.
Besides, 371 hectares of rice and over 7,120 hectares of other crops were flooded and damaged, while the severe floods killed over 691,100 cattle and poultry.
By: Thuy Dung/Online Newspaper of the Government - Viet Nam Government Portal
- The PM decides to provide 5000 tons of rice to the victims of the floods in the Center
- Twelve returnees become Vietnam’s latest Covid-19 patients
- Landslides leave seven dead, 46 others missing in Quang Nam
- Government directs flood relief
- The PM asks to grant 4000 tons of rice to the affected localities
- More rice aid to central provinces
- Aid: more rice for the central provinces
- PM provides 4,303 tons of rice to flood-hit provinces
- Grant 500 billion VND in emergency relief to the Center