The benchmark VN-Index on the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (HoSE) gained 0.53 per cent to close at 978.70 points. — Photo cafef.vn
Shares gained for three days in a row on Thursday morning thanks to the growth of energy stocks.
The benchmark VN-Index on the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (HoSE) gained 0.53 per cent to close at 978.70 points.
The index had climbed 2.9 per cent in the last three sessions.
More than 290 million shares were traded on the southern exchange on Wednesday morning, worth VND5.8 trillion (US$250 million).
The VN30 Index, which tracks the performance of the 30 largest stocks by market capitalisation and liquidity on HoSE, rose 0.29 per cent to end Thursday morning at 940.39 points.
Oil stocks gained ground thanks to the injection of cash flow, including including PetroVietnam Gas JSC (GAS), Viet Nam National Petroleum Group (PLX), PetroVietnam Drilling & Well Services Corporation (PVD), PetroVietnam Power Corp (POW), and PetroVietnam Technical Services (PVS).
On the Ha Noi Stock Exchange, the HNX-Index lost 0.09 per cent to 146.67 points.
More than 33.3 million shares were traded on the northern exchange, worth VND599 billion.—VNS
- Shares gain on the growth of blue-chips
- Shares rise on morning trade
- Shares rise on the rally of global stocks
- Shares climb on strong cash flow
- Shares volatile as large caps drop
- Shares reverse gains to end lower
- Shares advance on strong cash flow
- Shares move up as investors hunt mid, small-cap shares
- Shares advance on strong demand