Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc (Photo: VNA)
The APEC with 21 member economies is the leading economic cooperation mechanism in Asia and the Pacific, where major economic, trade and technology centers around the world converge, accounting for 39% of the population, contributing 59% of GDP, and over 49% of world trade.
Viet Nam became an official member of the APEC in November, 1998. The nation is among the few APC members to have hosted APEC summits twice, in 2006 and 2017.
APEC is a forum gathering 14 of 30 strategic partners, comprehensive partners and the most important economic and trade partners of Viet Nam, which account for 75% of export turnover, 78% of total direct investment and 79% of international tourists in Viet Nam.
In addition, 14 out of 16 free trade agreements (FTAs) that Viet Nam has signed or is negotiating, concerns 17 APEC members./.
- APEC summit to be held online Dec. 4 due to COVID-19
- Vietnam supports multilateral trade at APEC meeting
- Vietnam attends 31st APEC Ministerial Meeting
- APEC trade ministers convene virtual meeting on COVID-19
- Vietnam, Malaysia aim at 15 billion USD two-way trade
- APEC members tighten cooperation to lead global economic recovery
- Vietnamese and Malaysian PMs talk bilateral cooperation
- Vietnamese and Malaysian PMs talk bilateral cooperation, issues of shared concern
- Joint Statement of APEC Finance Ministers on economic control and recovery by Covid-19