According to the ministry’s report, the new patients include five men and a woman aged between 19-42 who arrived from Germany at Ho Chi Minh City’s Tan Son Nhat International Airport on November 7.
They were sent to a local quarantine area upon arrival and tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 on the second testing on November 17.
The five patients are now being treated at the Cu Chi Field Hospital for Covid-19 patients.
The next four patients include three men and a woman aged between 16-46 who returned from Canada to Van Don Airport in Quang Ninh Province on November 16.
They were sent to a quarantine area in Hai Duong Province upon arrival and tested positive for SAR-CoV-2 on November 18.
The four patients are being treated at Hai Duong Hospital for Tropical Diseases.
The two last patients include a 21-year-old man and a 41-year-old woman who were brought home on a repatriation flight from Russia on November 11.
They were sent to quarantine in Khanh Hoa Province upon arrival and are now being treated at the Cam Ranh General Hospital.
With these new infection cases, the number of imported Covid-19 patients in Vietnam has increased to 609.
As of 6 pm on November 18 a total of 1124 Covid-19 patients had recovered and been discharged from hospital. There have been 35 deaths, most of them being the elderly with serious underlying diseases.
The country has gone 76 days without reporting any new case in the community.
At present, over 16399 people who had close contact with Covid-19 patients or returned from virus-hit areas are being monitored at hospitals, quarantine facilities, and at home.
- Five more returnees from Russia test positive for SARS-CoV-2 tally reaches 1288
- Five more returnees from Russia test positive for SARS-CoV-2, total rises to 1,288
- Vietnam records 10 more imported Covid-19 patients, total rises to 1,226
- Two more imported Covid-19 patients confirmed on Monday
- Eight more imported Covid-19 patients confirmed in Vietnam, total rises to 1134
- Three more returnees from Angola test positive for SARS-CoV-2
- Vietnam confirms two more imported Covid-19 patients, total rises to 1124
- Vietnam records 12 new imported Covid-19 patients, total rises to 1192
- Two new imported Covid-19 patients confirmed on Friday evening, total rises to 1,212