Deputy Minister of Industry and Trade Hoang Quoc Vuong has been appointed the new president of oil giant Petrovietnam.
He takes over from Tran Sy Thanh, who has become vice chairman of the Office of the National Assembly.
Newly-appointed Petrovietnam President Hoang Quoc Vuong.
Photo courtesy of the Ministry of Industry and Trade.
Vuong, 57, a graduate of the Russian State Geological Prospecting University MGRI in Moscow, used to be vice chairman of the northern Thai Nguyen Province People’s Committee before being made deputy minister in 2010.
In 2012 he was appointed chairman of state-owned Vietnam Electricity. In 2015, he was again made deputy minister of industry and trade in charge of electricity, renewable energy, environment, and sustainable development.
By: Duc Minh/Vnexpress
- Fugitive former deputy minister wanted for state assets mismanagement
- Renewable energy yet to meet potential: conference
- Vietnam PM appoints acting health minister
- New Chairman of Viet Nam National Mekong Committee named
- MoIT considers common retail power price
- Power transmission grid should be developed: insiders
- Hanoi Party Committee Secretary re-elected
- State Bank Governor appointed new Chief of CPVCC Office
- AES, PetroVietnam set up joint venture for US$1.4 billion LNG terminal