Many people in HCM City have flouted compulsory face mask wearing for Covid-19 prevention despite higher fines being imposed.
Since November 15 fines for people who do not wear face masks in HCM City’s public places have been increased by 10 times to VND3 million (USD13043). However, lots of local residents have failed to wear masks.
It is easy to see people without a face mask at Park 30/4 in District 1 particular the young.
The safe distance among people for Covid-19 prevention at street water stalls has not been maintained.
On Nguyen Hue pedestrian street.
At Con Rua Lake
At a coffee shop in HCM City
Meanwhile, in Hanoi, people are not allowed to enter hospitals, parking lots, public transport, shopping malls, supermarkets and markets if they do not wear a face mask.
- Hanoi fines people for not wearing face masks at pedestrian streets
- COVID-19: Without wearing masks, hefty fines given
- Hanoi to tighten enforcement of face mask regulations: Official
- Free ‘face mask ATM’ comes into operation in HCM City
- Hanoi: the obligation to wear a mask in public places
- Police bust massive drug trafficking ring, seize 100 kilograms of drugs
- First face mask ATM makes debut in Hanoi
- U.S President Trump not to support a national mask mandate
- Hanoi ban shoppers without face masks at shopping centres