Captain Dang The Dong, the police chief of Vinh Tuy Town, Hoang Trong Tan and Nguyen Vu Hiep, both local officers, have been accused of slapping Vu Dinh Hung, burning him on the fingers with cigarette butts and handcuffing him to a wall, investigators said.
But they have disclosed no details about why he was in their custody.
The use of torture, insults and brutal treatments during questioning carries a maximum penalty of life imprisonment.
- Three in Hanoi accused of stealing classified documents
- University lecturer detained: Police failed to notify family members
- Vietnam training personnel to send police officers to UN peace operations
- Party General Secretary and State President hands over promotion decisions to defence officers
- Sex for $30,000: HCMC police bust prostitution ring
- Sex for $30,000: HCMC police bust pricey prostitution ring
- 15 arrested as HCMC police seize 100 kg of drugs
- Three men jailed for ivory smuggling
- Passenger fined US$86 for burning tissue paper on flight