The British Chamber of Commerce Vietnam (BritCham) will organise its sixth annual BritCham Charity Fun Run, or Fun Run 2020 in Hung Yen Province on November 29.
BritCham announced at a press conference on November 17 that the Fun Run 2020 will be held on the morning of November 29 at BUV Ecopark in Hung Yen Province’s Van Giang District.
“British Ambassador to Vietnam, Gareth Ward, will participate in this year’s event which is expected to attract 5000 runners and walkers,” the organiser said. “Pop singer My Linh and Miss Vietnam 2006 Mai Phuong Thuy are goodwill ambassadors of the Vietnam Fun Run 2020.”
Over the past 19 years, BritCham Fun Run has attracted over 100000 participants and raised more than VND10 billion (USD434782) for charitable programmes across Vietnam.
On November 15 thousands of people joined in the 20th BritCham Fun Run in Ho Chi Minh City which raised VND1.1 billion (USD47826) in cash, plus VND700 million (USD30300) worth of donations from sponsors and supporters.
BritCham has funded charitable organisations such as Blue Dragon, Operation Smile, Pacific Links, Bong Sen Centre for Community Development, and the ‘Road to Happiness’ project.
Last year, BritCham raised around VND1 billion (USD43000) from the Fun Run 2019 which attracted 11500 participants.
- Britcham Vietnam fun run to raise money for charity
- UK ambassador thanks Vietnam for sparing no efforts to save British pilot
- Hung Thinh Incons closed the right to receive cash dividend at the rate of 18%
- 5000 runners join Longbien Marathon 2020
- Việt Nam Jungle Marathon returns
- Golfers to tee off for kids next month
- Techfest Vietnam 2020 is expected to attract hundreds of domestic and international investors to attend
- New JLL Vietnam country director appointed
- UK ambassador thanks Vietnam for saving British pilot