At the online ASEAN Defense Senior Officials’ Meeting on Tuesday, Mr. Vinh said ASEAN countries have demonstrated their unity and shared interests.
“ASEAN’s high-quality defense cooperation has been maintained over the past year though we did not meet in person. We have contributed significantly to the fight against COVID-19 by releasing the Joint Statement of the ASEAN Defense Ministers on Defense Cooperation Against Disease Outbreaks and organizing medic conferences and drills,” said Mr. Vinh.
Participants discussed guidelines to avoid mid-air collisions of military aircraft, the role of ASEAN defense agencies in border management, the network of ASEAN peace keeping centers, and other issues.
- ARF boosts defense cooperation in pandemic response
- Vietnam to hold first-ever int’l defense expo later this year
- Vietnam-Russia defence cooperation not disrupted by COVID-19
- ASEAN’S defence-security collaboration to be prioritised
- ASEAN Defence Senior Officials’ Meeting Plus Working Group held video conference
- ASEAN Foreign Ministers’ Meeting opens
- ASEAN to press on with set priorities despite COVID-19
- Vietnam places high priority on defence and security co-operation
- Defense Minister calls for more science-technology cooperation with Russia