Despite fruit and vegetable exports enduring a downward trajectory due to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the export of local processed fruit and vegetables has witnessed vigorous growth over the opening nine months of the year, according to Ministry of Industry and Trade (MoIT).
Vietnamese processed fruit and vegetable exports
are anticipated to increase in the time ahead
September alone saw Vietnam export processed fruit and vegetables worth US$59.9 million, representing a year-on-year increase of 5.2%, thereby causing total export turnover to surge by 14% to US$574 million on-year during the nine-month period.
The country’s major export markets for processed fruit and vegetables include China, the United States, the Republic of Korea, Japan, and the Netherlands.
The MoIT have indicated that processed fruit and vegetables represent the second largest export item in terms of the fruit and vegetable product structure. In addition, it is also one of the export commodities that has not been majorly affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
However, due to some of the complicated developments caused by the COVID-19 epidemic, several markets have moved to re-impose restrictions in an effort to contain potential outbreaks. These constraints are expected to boost consumption demand for processed products, ultimately leading to an increase in the export of processed fruit and vegetables over the coming months.
Vietnamese processed fruit and vegetable exports this year are anticipated to increase from 14% to 17% in comparison from last year.
- Fruit and vegetable exports to demanding markets enjoy sharp surge
- Fruit, vegetable exports fetch 2.5 billion USD in nine months
- Fruit and vegetable exports down over 12 percent in first seven months
- Fruit and vegetable exports reach nearly US$2.72 billion in ten months
- 7-month fruit and vegetable exports fetch nearly USD2 billion
- Vegetable, fruit exports reach US$2.5 billion in nine months
- Fruit and vegetable exports plummet over nine months
- The Netherlands, Vietnamese fruit, vegetables gateway to EU
- Decrease in exports of fruit and vegetable to China, “jump” in Thailand