The Saigon Times
HCMC - A 21-year-old man from Hanoi who was declared free of the coronavirus nearly two months ago retested positive for the virus on November 15 but negative on November 16.
According to the Hanoi Center for Disease Control, on November 15, the patient, tagged as the 1032nd case, had his sample tested at the Vietnam National Children's Hospital and the result was positive, the local media reported.
However, the Ministry of Health today, November 16, confirmed he was negative for the virus after being taken to the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases and had his sample tested again.
He flew to Vietnam from Russia on August 10 and his second Covid-19 test result came back positive on August 25.
The patient was treated at the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases in Hanoi from August 25 to September 17.
During the treatment, he tested positive once and negative six consecutive times before being discharged from the hospital.
He later stayed at home for two weeks and met his family members and girlfriend only while wearing a face mask.
After that, he returned to Hanoi University to study, sitting two meters apart from his classmates. He went home after school and did not visit public places.
On November 11, he went to the Hanoi Transport Hospital, where he was diagnosed with a viral fever and was allowed to go home for self-treatment.
On November 14, he visited the hospital again after reporting a fever of 39 degrees Celsius.
The Hanoi Center for Disease Control has identified 25 people who had close contact with the patient and will continue looking for others.
- One Covid-19 relapse suspect in Hanoi tests negative
- Hanoi hospital reopens as one patient declared Covid-19 negative
- Daughter of Covid-19 patient in HCMC’s District 3 tests positive
- Police probe HCMC Eye Hospital
- Hanoi man tests coronavirus positive for 2nd time in two months
- Saigon alley cleared as hundreds of suspected coronavirus patient’s contacts test negative
- Patient No.994 removed from list of COVID-19 cases
- Another COVID-19 case reported in Hanoi
- Hanoi woman tested positive again for Covid-19 after released from hospital