Chairing the 23rd virtual summit of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations Plus Three (ASEAN+3) on Saturday, Mr. Phuc, Chairman of ASEAN 2020, said the experience in coping with crises has become the strength of ASEAN+3 cooperation.
PM Phuc asked China, Japan, and the RoK to share their experiences in epidemiology and public health, as well as contribute to the ASEAN Comprehensive Recovery Framework.
Participants praised the important role of ASEAN+3 cooperation in maintaining peace, security, stability, and prosperity in East Asia. They reaffirmed strong commitment to the ASEAN Foreign Ministers’ Statement on the importance of maintaining peace and stability in Southeast Asia.
The leaders discussed the Master Plan on ASEAN Connectivity (MPAC) 2025 and the 3rd phase of the Initiative for ASEAN Integration (IAI) work plan and vowed to effectively implement the ASEAN+3 work plan.
PM Phuc announced the Chairman’s Statement on the outcome of the ASEAN+3 Summit and adopted the Statement on enhancing cooperation to boost ASEAN+3’s economic resilience and recovery during COVID-19.
- ASEAN foreign ministers’ statement on maintaining peace and stability in Southeast Asia
- ASEAN, China uphold peace, dialogue, consultative in dispute settlement
- ASEAN+3 seek to boost economic connectivity and recovery
- 37th ASEAN Summit: Strong commitment to building ASEAN Community
- PM hosts press conference on outcome of 37th ASEAN Summit
- PM Phuc: China, US are ASEAN’s major partners
- ASEAN FMs’ statement on maintaining peace and stability in Southeast Asia
- ASEAN, China enjoy dynamic and substantive partnership, PM says
- Top leader to address opening ceremony of 37th ASEAN Summit
- ASEAN, Australia look toward stronger partnership