“This plenary session clearly shows ASEAN’s solidarity in facing challenges and members’ commitment to successfully building the ASEAN Community. Your ideas will help us realize targets set in the ASEAN Community Vision 2025, thus promoting ASEAN status regionally and globally,” said Mr. Phuc.
Participants reviewed ASEAN’s current situation, its implementation of 2020 priorities, its response to the COVID-19 pandemic, and its recovery efforts, and set out solutions for building the ASEAN Community. Also on agenda were measures to solidify ASEAN’s centrality, expand its relationships with partners, and respond to emerging challenges. Participants redefined ASEAN’s position in the post-pandemic world and its stance on regional and global issues.
- 36th ASEAN Summit: Solidarity steers ASEAN out of challenges
- Vietnamese PM chairs 36th ASEAN Summit on June 26
- 37th ASEAN Summit wraps up with record number of documents adopted
- 36th ASEAN summit underscores “cohesive and responsive” spirit
- ASEAN to press on with set priorities despite COVID-19
- ASEAN Summit adopts Vision Statement on a Cohesive and Responsive ASEAN
- 37th ASEAN Summit and Related Summits Wrap Up Successfully