The Asian Development Bank (ADB) named Techcombank the leading partner bank in Viet Nam in 2020 under an announcement ceremony of the Trade and Supply Chain Finance Programme (TSCFP) held in Ha Noi on Monday.
The award recognised Techcombank for its outstanding achievements in trade finance activities in the region and world as well as its prestige. The award was based on the number of transactions under TSCFP from the beginning of 2019 to the middle of 2020.
The ADB’s TSCFP (formerly Trade Finance Programme) guarantees and lends to more than 240 partner banks in 21 countries to support their international trade. Techcombank was one of the first banks in Viet Nam chosen by ADB to sign two important contracts under the programme in 2004 including rollover credit contract and guarantee contract for issuing bank. ADB’s guarantee has helped Techcombank improve its capacity to meet customers’ trade finance demand and expand opportunities to access new partners and customers.
Earlier, Techcombank was honoured as the No 1 brand name in effective operation 2020 and Best Bank in Viet Nam 2020 by Asia Risk and EuroMoney.
Techcombank reported a total pre-tax profit of VND10.7 trillion (US$462.6 million) and total revenue of VND19.3 trillion in the past nine months, up 20.9 per cent and 33.5 per cent year-on-year.
- Asian Banker names Techcombank best bank for SMEs in 2020
- Techcombank appoints new CEO
- Deutsche Bank Vietnam, Techcombank name new CEOs
- Who is Jens Lottner, the new CEO of Vietnam’s Techcombank?
- Vietnam’s Techcombank names new CEO
- TECHCOMBANK IRONMAN 70.3 Việt Nam rescheduled for 2021
- Vietnam’s Techcombank set a pre-tax profit target of US$559.3 million in 2020
- TECHCOMBANK IRONMAN 70.3 Việt Nam 2021 opens registration
- Techcombank targets 13 trillion VND pre-tax profit in 2020