Five airports in the central and central highlands regions have been closed due to the coming Storm Etau.
The Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam issued the decision after an urgent meeting about prevention measures against Storm Etau on November 9. Airlines have announced many cancelled and delayed flights afterwards.
Tuy Hoa Airport in Phu Yen will close from 5 pm on November 9 to 4 pm on November 10. Cam Ranh Airport in Nha Trang, Buon Ma Thuot Airport in Dak Lak, Lien Khuong Airport in Da Lat, and Phu Cat Airport in Binh Dinh will close for November 10.
Chu Lai Airport, Danang Airport and Phu Bai Airport are still monitoring the situation.
Vietnam Airlines announced that it will cancel six flights and delay the schedule of flights to Tuy Hoa, Nha Trang, Buon Ma Thuot, Da Lat, Quy Nhon, and Chu Lai by 16 hours.
Pacific Airlines delayed six flights to and from HCM City, Tuy Hoa and Da Lat. The airlines will announce the details to the passengers. VASCO said they were monitoring the situation and would make suitable adjustments to flight schedules.
Passengers have been advised to contact airlines to receive the most up-to-date information about the storm and flight schedules.
- Vietnam suspends flights at five airports due to Storm Etau
- Chu Lai airport resumes operation after two-day closure due to storm Molave
- Powerful typhoon batters Quang Ngai, Quang Nam
- Storm grounds many flights
- Vietnam Airlines cancels 27 flights as tropical storm Sinlaku looms
- Flights delayed, cancelled due to Storm Linfa
- 5 airports closed as Storm Etau approaches central Vietnam
- Vietnam Airlines cancels flights due to bad weather
- CAAV strictly deals with airlines for delayed or cancelled flights
- Typhoon Malove leaves central airports temporarily closed