Biden has a 253 to 214 lead in the state-by-state Electoral College vote that determines the winner, according to most major television networks.
Vote count has continued in Pennsylvania (20 electoral votes), North Carolina (15 electoral votes), Georgia (16 electoral votes), Arizona (11 electoral votes), and Nevada (3 electoral votes).
Biden would become the next president by winning Pennsylvania, or by winning two out of the trio of Georgia, Nevada and Arizona. Trump needs to hang onto both Pennsylvania and Georgia and also to overtake Biden in either Nevada or Arizona, according to Reuters.
- US election: Joe Biden leads over President Trump
- As Biden nears victory, Trump lashes out with fraud claims
- President Trump says he will leave White House if Biden wins Electoral College vote
- Trump, Biden vie for battleground states, still early to call
- US election 2020: Biden ahead of Trump in Pennsylvania, Georgia
- US Election 2020 Trump says he will leave office if Electoral College votes for Biden
- US presidential election: Joe Biden optimistic about election results
- US presidential election unresolved, race too close to call
- Biden wins presidential race, several networks project