The Saigon Times
HCMC – As of November 2 rescuers had found nine of the 13 missing victims of two landslides in Phuoc Loc Commune, Phuoc Son District, Quang Nam Province.
On the evening of the same day, the district’s authorities found the ninth body—Ho Van Do, deputy secretary of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union of Phuoc Loc Commune—who went missing while on duty, the local media reported.
In the afternoon, Nguyen Quang, vice chairman of Phuoc Son District, said that rescuers had found the bodies of eight residents and officials, who were among the 13 people buried in two landslides in the commune on October 29.
The body of the seventh victim was recovered from the landslides on November 1 and the eighth on the morning of November 2.
Some 50 people have been sent to the site of the landslides to support the search for the missing victims. In addition, the Quang Nam government has decided to assign 30 people from Phuoc Cong Commune of Phuoc Son District to bring food, essential items and medicines to residents isolated in Phuoc Loc Commune.
Four helicopters have also been used to transport food to residents of the Phuoc Loc and Phuoc Thanh communes.
- Helicopters to be used for Quang Nam landslide rescue
- Quang Nam commune terribly devastated by landslides
- The floods left 20 dead and 27 missing in Quang Tri
- Typhoon weakens to tropical depression, flash floods forecast to occur
- Fifth body retrieved from hydropower plant landslide, 12 still missing
- Quang Tri: 22 soldiers missing in landslide
- Bodies of 19 soldiers killed in Quang Tri landslide found, 3 still missing
- Bodies of 17 soldiers killed in Quang Tri landslide found, 5 still missing
- 45 people were buried after landslides in central Vietnam
- Rescuers find four dead bodies out of more than 20 missing soldiers in Quang Tri