Two US presidential election runners, sitting President Donald Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden, are still waiting for results from battleground states, especially Florida and North Carolina.
As of 940am (Hanoi time), Joe Biden is leading with 129 electoral votes while Donald Trump has 100 according to Fox News update.
Donald Trump and Joe Biden each need 270 electoral votes to win the presidency. Trump has stated he would win the race with 306 votes.
It’s tight race in Florida, and results coming from Georgia, North Carolina and Ohio thrust the night into a critical stage.
Based on the votes counted so far, Biden is leading North Carolina, Ohio, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, and Texas. Meanwhile, Trump is having advantage in Florida, Michigan, Georgia, and Virginia. It’s still early and these numbers could change as more votes are counted.
- US election: Joe Biden leads over President Trump
- US election 2020: Biden narrowly leads Trump
- US presidential election unresolved, race too close to call
- President Trump votes early in Florida as 2020 campaign enters final days
- Election 2020 in America
- US presidential election: Joe Biden optimistic about election results
- As Biden nears victory, Trump lashes out with fraud claims
- More than 60 million early votes have been cast in US presidential election
- All US states verify presidential election results