Participants reviewed topics agreed on at the previous ASEAN Summit and proposed recommendations for this year’s summit to be held on Friday. They also discussed measures to engage the Political-Security Community in dealing with the Covid-19 pandemic and post epidemic recovery.
Participants agreed to further promote common values, principles, and norms while advocating for communication, building trust, and maintaining ASEAN’s leading role in regional cooperation for peace, security, and stability.
They appreciated progresses in implementing the ASEAN Political-Security Community Blueprint 2025 and attributed the results to cooperation among member states despite the Covid-19 challenges.
- ASEAN member states discuss important cooperation issues
- ASEAN cooperation in COVID-19 fight reviewed
- 37th ASEAN Summit: Strong commitment to building ASEAN Community
- 36th ASEAN Summit to be held online on June 26
- 36th ASEAN summit underscores “cohesive and responsive” spirit
- Indonesian FM: ASEAN expects members to commit to regional political, economic stability at AMM-53
- 36th ASEAN Summit: Solidarity steers ASEAN out of challenges
- Online meeting talks post-2025 ASEAN Community Vision