Chicken wings, drumsticks and breasts of Koyu & Unitek Co., Ltd. based in Long Binh industrial park in the southern province of Dong Nai will hit the shelves of supermarkets in Singapore and China’s Hong Kong in the coming time.
Inside the chicken processing plant of Koyu & Unitek Co
According to the company’s General Director Jame Hieu, the firm’s products have passed rigorous standards, including food safety, disease-free poultry range, and influenza vaccine-free chicken, as well as legal procedures in the two markets.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Koyu & Unitek will sign contracts with its partners in November instead of in the middle of the year.
Some hundreds of tonnes of chicken products will be sold in the two markets for prices around 30% higher than those on the domestic market, he said, adding the company will look for new customers and expand shipments to other Asian countries and Europe.
In 2017, Koyu & Unitek was the first company in Vietnam to ship chicken to Japan. Around 350 tonnes of chicken are sold in the Japanese market each year.
Koyu & Unitek Co is a member of a supply chain that involves three other units that operate in the animal breeding and feed industry. Those companies are Bel Ga JSC, a joint venture of the Belgian Belgabroed Group and the Netherlands-based De Heus, Hung Nhon Group and De Heus.
The production chain has helped Vietnam produce clean poultry products that meet requirements from the Japanese market.
- Cheap chicken imports inhibit domestic products
- Eat Just gets regulatory nod to sell lab-grown chicken meat in Singapore
- Phu Yen-style chicken rice
- Chicken with roses sells hundreds of chickens at Hang Be market in Hanoi on the full moon day of January
- Fried chicken wings with fish sauce crispy skin, absorbent meat
- Lemongrass Chicken Skewers
- Major pork producer Masan enters poultry market
- Dong Tao Chicken drinks garlic wine, dragon scale legs are “hunted” by rich people as Tet gifts
- Recipe Fish sauce fried chicken wings