|Deputy Prime Minister Trinh Dinh Dung speaks at the event on November 2 in Hanoi. Photo: Vu Sinh /VNA /CVN|
The motto of directing on the spot must always be possessed and effectively executed; to organize the forces on the spot; to ensure the material values and finances on site; and provide logistics on site, according to the leader.
Typhoon Goni entered the East Sea on Monday morning November 2 becoming 10 e hitting Vietnam this year and dropping its level after its passage through the Philippines where it left at least 16 dead and damaged tens of thousands of homes.
Winds and torrential rains ripped roofs and power lines and caused landslides. The storm, trending on a westerly path, lost in intensity as it brushed past the greater Manila area, before heading towards the East Sea.
In the next two days, the tropical storm will have to move westward, still 15-20 km /h. At 4:00 a.m. on November 4 it will be around 310 km from Quang Nam province, 240 km from Quang Ngai and Binh Dinh, 260 km from Phu Yen, with peaks of 90 km /h.
Deputy Prime Minister Trinh Dinh Dung asked the localities concerned to recall boats to ports, evacuate risk areas and ensure the safety of dam lakes and dikes, proactively deal with the typhoon while continuing to deal with the consequences of Typhoon Molave.
In October, central Vietnam suffered four storms and a tropical depression. The rains, floods, landslides after these storms left at least 159 dead and 71 missing, destroying numerous public works, houses, roads…
- Goni typhoon heads to storm-stricken central region
- Typhoon Goni will hit the provinces from Quang Ngai to Khanh Hoà
- 20 dead after Typhoon Goni batters Philippines
- Typhoon Goni to enter mainland provinces from Da Nang to Phu Yen
- Storm Goni to enter East Sea, may head to central Vietnam
- Rao Trang 3 accident suggests a reconsideration of small hydropower projects
- Typhoon Molave caused estimated damage of VND 10 trillion in Vietnam
- Central Vietnam recovers from severe flooding, braces for super typhoon Goni
- Storm Goni forecast to weaken en route to south central Vietnam coast