5000 runners join Longbien Marathon 2020
The race included men and women’s events in four categories: 42km full marathon, 21km half marathon, and 10km and 5km runs.
The event was first launched in 2016 by the Long Bien District People’s Committee, the Race Vietnam Company and the SVCLB Run Club with the aim of encouraging healthy lifestyle, connecting the community, and developing awareness of running habits.
Courses of Longbien Marathon are also certified by IAAF-AIMS to ensure distance accuracy. Longbien Marathon race results can be used to qualify for other international races such as the Boston Marathon.
The participants’ entrance fees were donated to Long Bien District’s Fund for the Poor. At this year’s event, the organising board also presented VND110 million to support flood victims in the central region.
- Thousands descend on Ly Son island for annual marathon
- Hà Nội international marathon to welcome ‘new normal’
- Annual VnExpress Marathon Quy Nhơn returns next month
- Thousands to join VPBank Hanoi Marathon ASEAN 2020
- Eighth HCMC Marathon to attract thousands of runners
- VnExpress announces second virtual race
- VnExpress Marathon Quy Nhon postponed until end July