Authorities in the central province of Quang Nam have planned to use helicopters in the rescue of eight people who are missing in two landslides.
A landslide occurred in Phuoc Loc Commune, Phuoc Son District on Wednesday afternoon, leaving five dead and six others missing. A landslide that happened earlier in the commune also left two people unaccounted for.
Phuoc Loc Commune ravaged by landslides
However, rescue efforts have faced many difficulties when roads to the site are seriously affected by landslides, so the rescue forces have been held up in the area which is around 30 kilometres from the site.
Quang Nam Province has set up a task force for the search, said Nguyen Manh Ha, head of the provincial Board of Internal Affairs. When the weather is better, helicopters will be dispatched for the rescue.
Many people, many communes in Phuoc Loc District have also been in dire need of necessities, including food, Ha noted.
Local authorities have also used cables to supply food for 210 workers of Dak Mi Hydropower Plant who are still being stuck due to the flooding. Efforts are being made to evacuate them as soon as possible.
- 9th body recovered from landslides in Quang Nam
- 13 members of landslide rescue party unaccounted for
- Two helicopters mobilised to rescue victims in landslide in Thua Thien Hue
- 22 bodies of missing army personnel in Quang Tri landslide found
- Landslides kill seven, leave 45 missing in central Vietnam
- 45 people were buried after landslides in central Vietnam
- Bodies of 17 soldiers killed in Quang Tri landslide found, 5 still missing
- Bodies of 19 soldiers killed in Quang Tri landslide found, 3 still missing
- Quang Tri: 22 soldiers missing in landslide
- Fifth body retrieved from hydropower plant landslide, 12 still missing