The Saigon Times
HCMC – Due to the heavy impact of floods on some provinces in the central region, the Ministry of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs has proposed the prime minister provide an additional 6500 tons of rice as relief aid for Quang Binh, Quang Tri, Thua Thien-Hue and Quang Nam provinces.
On October 19
However, the complicated development of the natural disaster has caused difficulties for the provincial authorities to provide flood-hit residents with food.
To ensure the lives of all the residents affected by the floods return to normal after the flooding, based on proposals from the localities and some ministries and departments, the labor ministry proposed the prime minister take 6500 more tons of rice from the national rice reserves to help households facing hunger due to the floods.
Under the proposal, Quang Binh Province would receive 2500 tons of rice, Quang Tri 2000 tons of rice, while Thua Thien-Hue and Quang Nam provinces would receive 1000 tons of rice each,
- PM approves VND80 bln for three flood-hit Central provinces
- The PM decides to provide 5000 tons of rice to the victims of the floods in the Center
- Over 130,000 tons of rice proposed for 8.6 million people
- Government agrees to provide 130,000 tons of rice for 24 provinces, cities
- Deputy Prime Minister Truong Hoà Binh in Quang Tri
- PM allocates rice to flood victims in central region
- 102 dead, 26 missing in floods, landslides in central Vietnam
- Severe floods wreak havoc on central Vietnam
- Central Vietnam floods, landslides leave 84 dead, 38 missing