Around 800 people in the Central Highlands province of Dak Nong have been quarantined amid the outbreak of diphtheria.
According to Ha Van Hung, deputy director of Dak Nong Province’s Department of Health, to date, the province has witnessed 12 diphtheria patients, including one death who is a nine-year-old girl in Dak G’Long District’s Quang Hoa Commune.
Hung added that the first four patients were detected at a social centre in Krong No District.
Local authorities have isolated 555 people in Quang Hoa Commune and 307 people in Dak R’mang Commune.
Meanwhile, 400 people in Krong No District have finished their seven-day quarantine.
The diphtheria cases are being treated at Dak Nong General Hospital and the Central Highlands Regional General Hospital.
- Gia Lai student dies of diphtheria, over 100 others quarantined
- Diphtheria cases in Vietnam’s Central Highlands reach 65
- Health Ministry stamps out diphtheria outbreak in central Vietnam
- Deputy health minister examines diphtheria prevention in Dak Nong
- More diphtheria infections confirmed in Quang Tri
- One dead, 355 people isolated to prevent further spread of diphtheria
- HCMC has one diphtheria case
- Appropriate treatment, isolation prevent diphtheria transmission in Dak Nong