The Saigon Times
HCMC – Individuals who do not wear face masks in public places when required might be subject to a fine of VND1-3 million each, starting from November 15 according to a Government’s decree on the sanctioning of administrative violations in the health sector.
The fine is much higher than the current VND100000-300000.
The Ministry of Health has completed a document instructing the deployment of the decree and will soon issue it, the local media reported.
According to the document, the public places where people are required to wear face masks include train and coach stations, wharves and supermarkets, among others.
The ministry will instruct localities nationwide to apply the new regulations in line with their situations. Localities will decide the time and the specific public places where their residents must wear face masks.
Earlier, Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc had ordered the Hanoi and HCMC authorities to make mask wearing in public mandatory to prevent Covid-19 as these cities have the highest population densities in the country.
- What do we need to know about Vietnam’s face mask mandate?
- Hanoi imposes administrative fines to 134 unmasked people during holiday
- Hanoi fines 134 Vietnamese, foreigners for not wearing face masks in public
- Hanoi fines 134 people for not wearing face masks in public
- 15 arrested as HCMC police seize 100 kg of drugs
- Hanoi police impose $129,700 fines on maskless people since beginning of May
- COVID-19: Campaign encourages people to wear masks
- Inauguration attendees without facemasks to face disciplinary measure
- Woman fined for not wearing face mask while using apartment elevator in Ho Chi Minh City