Police in the central province of Quang Binh have fined four people for publishing fake news about floods on Facebook.
On October 22 the information that hundreds of Hong Thuy Commune in Le Thuy District died due to floods was posted on Tran Nguyen Truc Anh and Nguyen Hong Anh. However, this was defined to be inaccurate later.
The wrong information about the floods in Quang Binh published on Facebook
Owner of the account Tran Nguyen Truc Anh said that she had published the news after coming to Hong Thuy Commune for a charity programme without checking it again.
Meanwhile, owner of the account Nguyen Hong Anh admitted that she had copied the content from the page Tran Nguyen Truc Anh.
Each of them has been fined VND5 million (USD21339) for the violation.
Earlier, two people faced the same fine for disseminating false news about deaths due to floods in An Thuy Communes in Quang Binh’s Le Thuy District.
- A Hanoi man fined US$542 for disseminating fake news about Covid-19
- Hundreds of charity groups support Quang Binh flood victims
- Fishing boat sinks off Quang Binh coast, leaving two missing
- Vietnamese man fined for donning fake genitals in Da Lat’s public square
- Quang Binh left desolate in wake of receding floods
- Pop singer raises over VND100 billion for flood victims in the central provinces
- The floods left 20 dead and 27 missing in Quang Tri
- Central Vietnam scrambles to cope with worsening floods
- Severe floods wreak havoc on central Vietnam