|Planes at Nôi Bài International Airport. Photo: VNA /CVN|
More specifically, as of October 152020 the number of flights to /from the country reached 263000 a decrease of 36.9% compared to the same period in 2019. Transit flights were 124000 representing a down 67.4% year-on-year
Among 52.8 million passengers at airports in the first 10 months of the year, 7.1 million were foreigners, representing a drop of 79.4% year on year, and 45.7 million Vietnamese (- 26.8%). Vietnamese airlines carried 25.6 million passengers (-44.1%), including 2.7 million foreigners.
For the month of October alone, the number of passengers at the country's airports reached 498 million, a drop of 46.8% over one year in which, international crossings fell by 98.8% with only 41000 and nationals only experienced a decline of 16.6%, reaching 494 million.
On October 24 the Civil Aviation Administration also released a document to remind all Vietnamese airlines to continue to require all passengers (Vietnamese and foreigners) to properly wear masks during flight time, from l check-in, hours at the airport.
According to representatives of Vietnam Airlines, due to the impact of COVID-19 this Vietnamese airline expects losses of 10750 billion VND.
CPV /VNA /CVN
- Domestic aviation on the way to recover
- Thailand disperses international travel restrictions starting from July 1
- Domestic air travel surges in Vietnam
- Domestic air travel sees full recovery post-COVID-19
- Noi Bai airport may have capacity double to 63 million passengers by 2030
- Vietnam Airlines simplifies transit procedures for Con Dao visitors
- Noi Bai airport planned to welcome 63 million passengers per year
- CAAV strictly deals with airlines for delayed or cancelled flights
- Vietnam Airlines projects loss of over 650 million USD this year