(VOVWORLD) - 300 participants to the online World Health Summit 2020 are discussing ways to defeat COVID-19.
A COVID-19 patient is treated in Gonesse, France, October 222020. (Photo: AFP/VNA)
German President Frank-Walter Steinmeier urged nations to work together and avoid vaccine nationalism. He called on countries to join the COVAX initiative to help develop and distribute coronavirus vaccines internationally.
UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres urged developed countries to support countries that lack health system resources.
WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said cooperation is the only way to win the fight.
- Australia to support COVID-19 vaccine access for Pacific and Southeast Asian countries
- WHO boss World must be better prepared for next pandemic
- Vietnam included in Australia’s US$58 million support for Covid-19 vaccine access
- Vietnam among 42 countries to manufacture COVID-19 vaccines
- Australia earmarks $57 mln to give neighboring nations access to Covid-19 vaccines