Vietnamese in Thailand come to the aid of residents affected by flooding in central Vietnam. Photo: VNA /CVN
The Vietnamese Ambassador to United Kingdom, Tran Ngoc An, called on embassy staff, the Vietnamese community in the UK and local friends to unite to help stricken residents overcome the aftermath of the devastating floods and stabilize their lives.
Addressing the event, he expressed his condolences to residents of the central region for the great loss of life and property due to the disaster.
In response to the appeal, embassy staff donated one day of their salary to the fund which also received donation from the Vietnamese Students Association in UK and Vietnam - UK Network. . Funds raised during the event reached over 5000 pounds (over 6520 USD).
On the same day, 660000 baht (US $ 19200) was collected by Vietnamese expatriates in Thailand's Udon Thani province to support flood victims in their home country.
According to the president of the Vietnamese Association of Udon Thani, Luong Xuan Hoa, the organization aims to raise around one billion VND to help the inhabitants of the Center to overcome the consequences of the recent disaster and to stabilize their lives as soon as possible. .
Meanwhile, overseas Vietnamese living and working in the Czech Republic handed over donations to representatives of the Fatherland Front of Vietnam, including 920 million VND for flood victims and 100 million VND for poor people. in the country.
Speaking at the event, Vietnamese Ambassador Thai Xuan Dung stressed the importance of the fundraising program and appreciated the association's role in mobilizing donors to support residents affected by flooding in the Center.
- Vietnamese in Thailand, Czech and UK support homeland flood victims
- Europe-based OVs raise funds for flood victims in central Vietnam
- Vietnamese people in Laos support flood-hit people in Vietnam
- Expats in Laos hold requiem for flood victims in central Vietnam
- SMS donation campaign to support the flood victims of the Center
- UK donates 500,000 pounds to help flood victims in Vietnam
- LOTTE Finance sends essential items to support flood victims in central Viet Nam
- Floods in the Center: Vietnamese in Switzerland at the bedside of the victims