During a phone call on Tuesday, Prime Minister Phuc shared Vietnam’s experience on epidemic prevention and economic development in a new normal, and welcomed the two countries’ cooperation and support to repatriate citizens.
The two Prime Ministers agreed to further strengthen bilateral relations through maintaining contacts and exchanges and coordinate to soon organize periodic bilateral cooperation mechanisms, including the sixth meeting of the Joint Committee on Economic, Scientific and Technical Cooperation. They also agreed to soon approve the Action Plan on Strategic Partnership implementation for 2020-2025. The two sides pledged to make further efforts to reach two-way trade turnover of 15 billion USD and promote two-way investment, so that Vietnam and Malaysia will continue to be in the top 10 economic partners of each other.
Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin pledged to continue to cooperate closely and support Vietnam to successfully assume the role of ASEAN Chair 2020 and non-permanent member of the United Nations Security Council for the term 2020-2021. He confirmed that he will participate in and contribute to the success of the 36th ASEAN Summit to be held online on Friday. Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc affirmed strong support for Malaysia to successfully host the APEC Summit in the coming time.
The two Prime Ministers emphasized the importance of maintaining peace, stability, freedom and maritime and aviation security in the East Sea, in particular not to affect economic and trade activities; agreed to work together to preserve the unity and common stance of ASEAN, promote substantial negotiations on the Code of Conduct in the East Sea (COC) in accordance with international law and the 1982 UN Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS).
- Vietnamese and Malaysian PMs talk bilateral cooperation
- Vietnamese and Malaysian PMs talk bilateral cooperation, issues of shared concern
- PM Phuc holds phone talks with Malaysian counterpart
- Viet Nam, India hold 17th Joint Commission’s Meeting
- PM Phuc holds phone talks with U.S. President Trump
- Vietnam, India set target of 15 billion USD of trade turnover
- PM to attend online APEC Summit this week
- Thai Government offers disaster relief aid of USD 30,000 to Vietnam
- Australia Wants to Set Up Comprehensive Strategic Partnership with VN