Photo by VOV.
According to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the flight was arranged by authorities of those countries and the national flag carrier Vietnam Airlines.
Vietnamese agencies in those countries had coordinated with local authorities to assist the expats to travel to a Paris airport where they boarded the flight home with the help of staff from the Embassy of Vietnam in France.
Passengers include children aged under 18 the elderly, the ill, workers whose visas or labour contracts expired, students with no residences due to dormitory closures and those in extremely difficult circumstances.
After landing at the airport, all passengers and crew members of the flight were given health check-ups and sent to quarantine areas.
To date, over 150 repatriation flights have been arranged by Vietnamese authorities since April 10 to help over 50000 local people stranded abroad due to Covid-19 return home, the ministry said, adding that more such flights are set to be conducted in the coming time.
- Over 340 more Vietnamese citizens brought home from Japan
- 290 more Vietnamese people flown home from Czech Republic
- Nearly 340 Vietnamese citizens return from Europe and Africa
- Nearly 350 Vietnamese citizens brought home safely from Australia and New Zealand
- Nearly 450 more Vietnamese citizens from RoK return home
- Hundreds of Vietnamese citizens return from the US and Brunei
- Over 350 Vietnamese citizens return from Canada and RoK
- Over 230 Vietnamese citizens return home from Thailand
- Over 210 Vietnamese citizens flown home from Japan