According to a survey by the VECOM, the growth rate of Vietnam’s e-commerce exceeded 32 percent in 2019 sending the growth rate of the whole period from 2016 to 2019 to about 30 percent. The scale of retail e-commerce of goods and services reached around US$11.5 billion in 2019 and is forecast to continue to remain at above 30 percent in 2020 and the scale of e-commerce will surpass $15 billion.
According to calculations by major corporations in the world such as Google, Temasek, and Bain & Company, with such strong growth rates as currently, Vietnam’s e-commerce scale will likely hit $43 billion and stand at the third place among countries in the ASEAN by 2025.
By Thuy Hai – Translated by Thuy Doan
- E-commerce growth rate forecasted to be above 30 percent
- Vietnam‚ e-Commerce revenue to exceed 15 billion USD this year: Association
- Vietnam's e-commerce forecast to surpass US$11.8 billion
- E-commerce market reported a 30% year-on-year decline in revenue
- Vietnam contributes five of top 10 Southeast Asian e commerce sites
- E-commerce experienced a impressive growth speed
- Vietnamese digital economy expected to jump to US$43 billion by 2025
- Vietnam internet economy to reach US$14 billion in 2020: Google
- E-commerce platforms expected to boost Vietnam’s exports