The online China-EU summit on June 22, 2020. (Photo: Xinhua/ VNA)
At an online summit with EU leaders on Monday, President Xi urged both sides to respect the other, seek common ground while minimizing differences, and continue promoting mutual understanding and trust. He said the two should speed up global economic recovery, strengthen macroeconomic coordination, and keep global supply chains stable.
President of the European Council Charles Michel and President of the European Commission Ursula von der Leyen said they are ready to strengthen cooperation with China to develop a COVID-19 vaccine and get back to work.
The two EU leaders said the EU stands ready to cooperate with China on public health, climate change, and sustainable development within the frameworks of the UN, the WTO and the Group of 20.
At the 22nd China-EU summit, the two sides agreed that negotiations for the China-EU investment agreement have made progress and they expect to reach a deal this year.
- Some disagreements dominate EU China summit
- EU To Strengthen Counter-Coronavirus Cooperation At Highest Level: Council President
- EU leaders sign historic post-Brexit trade deal
- G20 Summit seeks international cooperation against COVID-19
- ASEAN, China enjoy dynamic and substantive partnership, PM says
- Vietnamese PM: 36th ASEAN Summit a success
- ASEAN+3 seek to boost economic connectivity and recovery
- PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc: 36th ASEAN Summit a success
- Vietnam, China hold new round of negotiations on sea-related issues