Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc receives UN resident representatives in Hanoi on October 212020
The Prime Minister told his guests that Vietnam has a respectful and friendly attitude toward the UN, therefore, at this year's UN General Assembly debate sessions, for the first time, Party General Secretary and President Nguyen Phu Trong, Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc, and National Assembly Chairwoman Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan all delivered messages affirming the UN role in solving global issues.
Over the years, the UN has been working with Vietnam for the national development and most recently in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic. Affirming that the UN's proposals and recommendations are useful to the government's policy-making, Prime Minister Phuc asked UN agencies to contribute their input to draft documents of Vietnam's 13th National Party Congress, which will cover environmental protection, people's democracy, and economic development strategy for the next 10 years.
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc presents a gift to UN Resident Coordinator in Viet Nam Kamal Malhotra (Photo: VNA)
UN Resident Coordinator in Viet Nam Kamal Malhotra offered his deep condolences to the people in central Vietnam who are suffering immense losses caused by floods and landslides. He applauded Vietnam as Chair of the UN Security Council in January and in the first year of the 2-year term as a non-permanent member of the UN Security Council, saying Vietnam has made numerous contributions to multilateralism protection and UN peacekeeping mission.
- Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc participates in Nghe An province’s Party Congress
- Party chief to send first-ever message to UNGA 75 high-level meeting
- Prime Minister praises armed forces in COVID-19 fight
- PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc chairs welcome ceremony for his Japanese counterpart
- Vietnam’s top leader calls for support for flood victims in central region
- Prime Minister urges for vigilance against COVID-19
- Japanese Prime Minister takes morning walk around Hoan Kiem lake
- Vietnam persists in gender equality policy
- Vietnamese leaders send condolences over death of Kuwaiti emir