|VinFast electric bus. Photo: Vingroup /CVN|
The vehicle has two main colors, green and black, as well as the typical logo in the shape of the letter V located on the front and rear. Also in the lower right corner of the back is the word "green" , which represents the message "For a green future" aimed at the Vietnamese manufacturer.
VinFast's electric bus does not emit smoke or produce noise, so passengers and drivers will not be disturbed by the smell of gasoline and sound like regular buses.
The first vehicles will be operated by Transport Services Company VinBus, of the Vingroup conglomerate, which will launch an app to help passengers find information on the optimal route.
VinFast said the electric bus battery pack has a capacity of up to 281 kWh. If charged with a 150kW charging station, after just two hours it will be full and able to run from 220-260 km.
The buses will be equipped with various modern technologies to ensure safety and provide convenient services to customers, in addition to the USB port and security cameras.
VinBus will be operated in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and Phu Quoc (southern province of Kien Giang) with approximately 150 to 200 vehicles.
- First electric bus goes on a trial run in Vietnam
- The first ever smart electric bus put into operation in Vietnam
- VinFast starts receiving orders for electric cars
- Smart electric bus is ready to serve Hanoi’s mass transit network
- HCM City gets green light to trial electric buses
- Vietnam’s biggest conglomerate will build a $387 million battery cell plant for its electric vehicles
- VinFast delivers first smart electric cars to customers
- Registration fees for electric vehicles would be half those for gasoline cars
- Vinfast to produce solid state batteries
- VinFast opens office in Australia to boost international expansion