In an official telegram, the head of government also sent his sympathy and deep condolences to the relatives of the victims, sharing the difficulties and losses of these populations and local administrations.
|Floods in Quang Binh (Central) province. Photo: VNA /CVN|
He asked the Provincial People's Committees and the ministries and departments concerned to collaborate in directing the settlement of the consequences of floods and floods, the search for the missing, the funerals of the victims, the care of the wounded.
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc recommended to the localities to provide all the basic necessities to the victims, to continue the controls and to re-examine the high-risk areas to evacuate their inhabitants in good time.
On the same day, Deputy Prime Minister Trinh Dinh Dung, leading a mission, visited Quang Tri to lead the resolution of the consequences of the floods.
He oversaw efforts to overcome the aftermath of the floods that left at least 37 dead, 19 missing and 15 injured; and flooded 80 of the 124 municipalities, neighborhoods and towns populated by more than 53700 homes with 175300 people.
At 5:30 p.m. on October 1814 bodies were found after a landslide that left 22 officers and soldiers of Unit 337 of Military Region 4 missing in Huong Phung Township, Huong Hoa District, Quang Tri Province. .
The torrential rains that fell for nearly a month over large areas caused landslides, flash floods and flooding in some localities of the Center and the Central Highlands, in particular the provinces of Thua Thien-Hue and Quang Tri.
The bad weather report established at 6:00 p.m. on October 18 is 84 dead, 38 missing, according to the National Steering Committee for the Prevention and Fight against Natural Disasters
In addition, 52933 houses were flooded, 24734 houses damaged or destroyed, 924 ha of rice, 106616 of food crops, 461627 dead domestic animals and poultry drowned, 17409m of roads made impassable
The affected provinces and cities evacuated 11575 homes with 35787 people in the provinces from Quang Binh to Thua Thien-Hue.
- The PM decides to provide 5000 tons of rice to the victims of the floods in the Center
- The emergency services organize themselves to come to the aid of the victims of the floods
- Floods and landslides: the Center cries out for help
- 102 dead, 26 missing in floods, landslides in central Vietnam
- Floods in the Center: Vietnamese in Switzerland at the bedside of the victims
- Central Vietnam floods, landslides leave 84 dead, 38 missing
- Typhoon weakens to tropical depression, flash floods forecast to occur
- Prime Minister urges for prompt flood recovery efforts in Ha Giang
- The PM asks for more efforts to deal with the floods at the Center