As America’s partner, Vietnam closely follows developments of the US presidential election, stated Spokesperson of the Vietnamese Ministry of Foreign Affairs Le Thi Thu Hang.
“The Vietnam-US comprehensive partnership has seen very positive strides over the recent years. Together with the US government, we always wish to further foster this relationship in a positive and comprehensive manner, for the benefits of the two peoples, thus contributing to peace, stability, cooperation and development of the region and the world,” Ms. Hang said at a press meeting earlier this week.
During the Trump administration, trade exchanges between the two countries have jumped, reaching nearly US$76 billion last year.
President Trump has visited Vietnam twice, in 2017 for APEC summit and an official visit, and in 2019 for another Hanoi visit and the second US-North Korea summit.
- Vietnam-US relations developing well, Foreign Ministry spokesperson
- Bolton s book says President Trump asks China to win re election in 2020
- Biden’s lead widens to 16 points nationally
- Trump and Biden confront in the final presidential debate
- 2020 Presidential Election How to watch Debate topics When is the second debate