The first train of Hanoi’s second metro line, Nhon-Hanoi Railway Station, arrived at Haiphong port on October 18 a week earlier than planned, Kinh Te & Do Thi reported.
This marked a pivotal period for the Nhon-Hanoi Railway Station project to become operational soon.
In September, the manufacture of the first train was completed, and the train was calibrated with all the interior hardware installed for the test run in the factory campus in Valenciennes, France.
This is the first of four trains to be produced for the line out of a total of ten. After arriving at Haiphong port, the train will be transported by super-heavy truck to the Nhon depot in Hanoi and rolled out on rails for test operation.
The second train is expected to arrive in Vietnam in January 2021 and all 10 trains of the Nhon-Hanoi Railway rolling stock will be in Hanoi by June of the same year.
Each train will be composed of four or five wagons with a maximum capacity of 950 passengers. It is made of aluminum alloy in accordance with European standards, measuring 7827 meters in length.
The Nhon-Hanoi Railway Station metro line, the second of Hanoi after Cat Linh-Ha Dong, spans 12.5 kilometers from Nhon in the western district of Nam Tu Liem through Kim Ma street to the Hanoi Train Station in the downtown area.
It will run 8.5 kilometers on elevated tracks and the remaining four kilometers underground.
The work was supposed to be finished in September 2017 but delays pushed back the deadline several times.
It is expected that 8.5 km overhead section of the Nhon-Hanoi Railway Station metro line will be put into use in the second half of 2021 i.e from Nhon to S8 station (near the University of Transport in Cau Giay district). The remaining 4km underground will be exploited at the end of 2022.
When being put into operation, the Nhon-Hanoi Railway Station metro line is expected to be a highlight in urban traffic in Hanoi’s western area.
- Ongoing Nhon-Hanoi Railway Station Metro Project opened for visitors
- First train of Hanoi’s second metro line undergoes test run in France
- Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line
- Train for Hanoi’s 2nd metro route to arrive next month
- Train for Hanoi’s 2nd metro route arrives in Hai Phong port
- Hanoi’s second metro project progresses on schedule
- Train services on Hanoi-Yen Bai/Haiphong routes to be suspended due to Covid-19
- Another metro line in Hanoi conducts trial run
- Second three- carriage train installed on Long Binh Depot railway